Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pineapple Cheese Pie

This recipe has been in my collection since last year but I have been keeping it aside as I did not attempt any pie baking last year. Since this month's (August) Aspiring Bakers Topic is 'Easy as Pie' I flipped through my cookbooks and magazines in search of interesting recipe and settled for this one.

It is quite easy to make and the tanginess of the pineapple filling combine with cream cheese sure taste delicious. This recipe is taken from the Y3K Recipe magazine issue #55.


I did not follow the recipe given for the pie crust as the measurement looked dubious to me. so I used my own favourite crust recipe.

Ingredients for Pastry:

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
100g Shortening (I used butter)
1/4 cup cold water

- Sift flour & salt together. Rub in the shortening/butter. Slowly pour the cold water to form a dough. (you might not need to use all the water).
- Set aside in fridge for at least 30 mins before fitting in to a 9' pie dish.

Ingredients for Filling:

200g Pineapple Filling (available from local bakery store)
250g Cream Cheese
80g Castor Sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 tsp salt
60ml Milk

- Beat Cream Cheese until smooth. Add sugar. Slowly beat in eggs followed by salt and milk.
- Spread pineapple filling onto the prepared pie crust.
- Pour the Cream Cheese mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven of 170 degree C for 25 - 30 mins till golden brown.


I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #10: Easy As Pie ( August 2011) hosted by Janine of Not The Kitchen Sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment