The recipe I chosed is from the "Y3K recipes' magazine issue # 56 by Coco Kong. I find the texture of this cake very soft and the lemony taste in the Lemon Cheese filling not too overwhelming.
(A) 5 Egg Yolks
45g Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
40g Corn Oil
(B) 115g Hong Kong / Superfine Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
50ml Ice Water
Grated rind of 1 Lemon
(C) 6 Egg Whites
85g Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
(D) 1 tsp Lemon Essence / Paste
200g Cream Cheese
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
50g Icing Sugar
60g Natural Flavoured Yogurt
1. Beat ingredients (D) until smooth. Keep mixture chilled for 30 - 60 mins.
2. Combine ingredients (A) together. Beat well. Fold in ingredients (B). Set aside
3. Beat ingredients (C) until soft peaks form and mixture becomes fluffy. Fold in no (2) till even.
4. Pour no (3) onto a tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 12 - 15 mins. Remove cake from oven.
5. Loosen cake from pan and trim off hard edges. Cover with a dry tea towel to prevent cake from drying out. Cool well.
6. Place cake on a clingfilm and spread some filling (1) on surface. Roll up tightly and keep chilled.
7. Do not unwrap during the first half hour. Slice & serve.
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times (July 2011) hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food