I thought of giving it a try and took this recipe from "Agnes Chang's Baking Made Easy"
100g castor sugar
1/2 tsp essence (any flavour - strawberry, coffee, vanilla)
120g self-raising flour, mix with 1/8 tsp salt, sifted
2 tbsp hot water
some jam or butter cream
1) Whisk eggs in a very clean bowl till frothy.
2) Add sugar and continue whisking till mixture is very thick and creamy. Add essence.
3) Fold in flour lightly using a whisk. Add hot water and mix well.
4) Pour into a lined and greased baking tray, bake in preheated oven at 220 degrees C for about 10-12 mins until golden brown. remove from oven.
5) Invert cake onto a clean sheet of grease-proof paper and remove the lining paper from cake.
6) Spread cake with jam or butter cream.
7) From one end, start to roll up using the paper to pull it tight.
8) Wrap up the cake with the paper and leave to cool before cutting.
* To make strawberry swiss roll, use strawberry essence and a few drops of red coloring.
* For mocha swiss roll, add 1 tsp coffee paste
* For chocolate swiss roll, add 1 tbsp cocoa powder into flour.