As promised, here is the 2nd 'new' cookie recipe that I made for the Chinese New Year. I was clearing up my room and at the same time flipping through my cooking books ( I didnt realised I accumulated so many cooking books) and found this interesting recipe. It's taken from 'Cakes Pastries Savouries' published by Bake with Yen Sdn Bhd. Guests who came to my CNY open house totally 'finished' them up and it was a pity I didnt bake enough... I will definitely make this cookie again for next years CNY if I manage to 'store' durians in my freezer.
175g Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
1 tsp Durian Essence
250g Plain Flour
30g Milk Powder
50g Custard Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g Durians, mashed
some sesame seeds or almond nibs (for decoration)
1. Sift the plain flour, Milk powder, custard powder & baking powder together. Set aside
2. Cream butter & sugar till fluffy.
3. Add in egg yolks & durian essence.
4. Add in the sifted dry ingredients
5. Add in the mashed durian.
6. Pipe out with a noozle onto a baking tray and sprinkle sesame seeds or almond nibs on top.
7. Bake at 180 degree C for 25 mins or until golden brown.