While surfing the net for interesting recipes, I came upon this recipe from the kraft website. I've heard of Boston cream pie but not Boston Cream Cheesecake so I thought of giving it a try.
This recipe calls for premix yellow cake but I used my favorite butter cake recipe for the base. You can use sponge or butter cake for this.
1 pkg (1 layer size) Yellow Cake Mix * may use your own butter/sponge cake recipe
750g Cream Cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup Castor Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Essence, divided
3/4 cup Sour Cream
2 squares bitter sweet Chocolate
3 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Butter
1 cup icing Sugar, sifted
1) Grease a 9" springform pan. Prepare cake batter. Pour into pan and bake at 325 degree F for 25 mins. Cool.
2) Beat Cream Cheese, sugar & 1 tsp Vanilla Essence on medium speed.
3) Add sour cream, mix well. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed. Pour cream cheese over cake layer. Bake at 325 degree F for 40 -45 mins or until center is almost set.
4) Run a knife around rim of pan to loosen pan. Cool before removing.
5) Place chocolate, milk & butter in medium bowl. Microwave on high for 2 mins till butter is melted. Stir after 1 min.
6) Add icing sugar & remaining vanilla essence. Mix well.
7) Spread over cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.