It was between the Beer Cheesecake( which I will try to bake ) and this one considering I have most of the ingredients at home. But again, the beer cheesecake is the creamy type and I was quite 'lazy' to make the crumb base and also that recipe calls for water bath..Hmmm troublesome. So! Next option, the Chocolate Walnut Cheesecake which looked pretty easy to make.(^.^)
Chocolate Walnut Cheesecake
(A) 130g Butter
130g Cream Cheese
170g Brown Sugar (I reduce to 150g)
2 tbsp Honey
(B) 4 Eggs
(C) 260g Flour
30g Cocoa Powder (I used chocolate powder)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
(D) 1 Orange zest, grated
50g Orange juice
(E) 200g Walnuts, Chopped (I recommend to reduce to 100-150g as 200g was just too much)
1. Cream (A) until light & fluffy. Add (B) and cream until light & smooth. It might start to curdle which is normal. Immediately add 1/2 of (C) and mix till well blended.
2.Add (C) & (D) ingredients alternately in several batches. Mix till well blended.
3. Add (E) and mix until well incorporated.
4. Grease & line a 23 cm / 9" square pan. Pour the batter onto the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven of 180 degree C for 40 mins.
5. Remove from pan and set aside to cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Topping
250g Cream Cheese
60g icing sugar
1 Orange zest, grated
2 tbsp Orange Juice
- Beat the cream cheese & icing sugar until light & smooth.Add in orange zest & orange juice.Mix until well blended. Spread it on top of the cake.