Oh no!!! I've fallen behind in updating my blog again....:-(( The time flew past so quickly and before I realized it, it is already February 2012 . Hmmmm I actually did not attempt any new baking at end of 2011 as I had quite a number of orders from friends for the Christmas Celebration and then it was school opening time...Busy busy busy and Chinese New Year.
Before Chinese New Year arrived, I had planned to bake few types of cookies and all new recipes but with the last minute house cleaning (I actually used 3 whole days just to clean my Music Room which had became a 'store room' before attacking the kitchen) I just did not have the time to do any baking. And just 2 days before CNY Eve, I had a baking marathon and I had to use last year's recipe...:-(( BUT! I manage to bake 2 new flavour of cookies just the day before CNY Eve. I had all the ingredients at home and it looked interesting. It even had the word 'MUST TRY' printed on that page. One of the cookie is....: Butter Icing Cookie. This recipe is taken from the Yum Yum Magazine issue No 76.
100g Castor Sugar
300g Plain Flour
70g Icing Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
2.Butter Icing: Combine all ingredients and mix well. Place into a piping bag for later use.
3. Beat butter & castor sugar until creamy. Add in egg and beat until smooth. Add plain flour and mix into a dough.
4. Place into a piping bag and pipe onto a baking tray.
5. Use your fingers to indent the centre of the dough. Pipe a little of the butter icing into the indentation.
6. Bake cookies for 15-18 mins or until golden brown.
7. Remove fromn oven and leave to cool before storing.