Over the weekend, I joined a baking class organised by a local bakery and the chef was from Kuala Lumpur. There were a few classes but the one I attended was on Ice Cream & Desserts. After bringing home the samples (which was not enough to distribute to my children) I picked the easiest one to make as I have all the ingredients at home. I have to say that making ice cream uses up lots of egg yolk and I might be using the egg whites to attempt macaron making for the 6th or 7th time...
Previously when making Ice cream, I would put them into a container to freeze and just scoop it out to a cone or cup but this time from the lesson, an interesting way was putting it onto a tart so it became Ice Cream Tart and of course onto a dessert cup.
A: 6 Egg Yolks
25g Icing Sugar
15g Milk Powder
40g Creamer (Coffee Mate)
225g Evaporated Milk
2 tsp Coffee Emulco/Paste
350g Non Daily Topping, whipped
200g Hazelnut, Roasted & Chopped
90g Raisins / Sultanas
1) Double boil all ingredients A. Let it cool.
2) Mix (A) into whipped topping and stir till smooth.
3) Stir in the Chopped Hazelnuts & Raisisns.
4) Scoop into a dessert cup / tart cases or just into a container.
5) Freeze overnight.
6) Decorate with whipped cream and top with chocolate or fruits before serving.