Saturday, June 25, 2011

Orange Carrot Cake

Remember me mentioning that hubby do not fancy cakes? Well, he does eat certain types of cake though not really indulge in them and I'm on a 'journey' to discover his prefered taste...(^_^). One of them is Carrot cake. On his previous deep sea fishing trip with his buddies, I  baked a carrot cake and put some inside a container as I know my children and I will not be able to finish them. When he came home from his 3 days 2 nights trip, he said he & his buddies finished up the whole lot in seconds and it was not enough to share ...:-)) Hmmm....makes me wonder if it was because they were too hungry or rather, nothing to eat on a fishing boat in the middle of nowhere.

Few days later while eating an orange, he asked me if there's such thing as Orange Carrot cake. I told him that there should be and will try and bake one. I actually fogot all about it until I was reading other blogger's webpage yesterday and saw this recipe from  http://anncoojournal.blogspot.com/

Ingredients:
160g Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
1/2 cup Corn Oil
150g Carrot, Grated
100g Raisins
1 tbsp Orange Zest
4 tbsp Orange Juice
180g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder

1) Line a 7' square pan at all sides.
2) Gently mix brown sugar, oil, orange juice & eggs till combine.
3) Add carrots, raisins & orange zest. Mix well.
4) Sift flour, baking soda & cinnamon powder together. Fold into the wet ingredients.
5) Bake in preheated oven at 175degree C for 40 - 45 mins.
6) Leave to cool before frosting with your favourite Cream Cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment