Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Snow Skin Mooncake

Its the time of the year for mooncake baking & making. This year, instead of buying boxes of mooncake to give to friends and relatives, I gave them homemade mooncake..(^.^) and I'm so happy to get words of encouragement from hubby, relatives & friends. And also, the theme for this month's Aspiring Baker is 'Mid-Autumn Treats'.

For the snow skin mooncake, I made 4 types of flavour by adding emulco & coloring. I cant say I made the paste 100% as I used store bought ones and there were so many varieties of mooncake paste & fillings like peppermint, blueberry, charcoal, white coffee,etc.

Ingredients for Skin

100g Kao Fen
95g Icing Sugar
30g Shortening
120ml Cold water
Emulco/ Flavour/Paste
Coloring

1) Sift Kao Fen & icing sugar together.
2) Rub in shortening.
3) Add flavour & colour to cold water & pour into flour mixture.
4) Combine into dough and let rest for 30 mins.
5) Divide dough and wrap filling.


* I used Green Tea paste with Green Tea Lotus filling
              Pink colouring with Dragon Fruit Paste
              Yam Paste with Tausa filling
              Durian Flavour & yellow colour with Durian Paste.

            


I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treats (September 2011), hosted by Happy Home Baking

1 comment:

  1. Those look so tasty! I think the matching filling is quite a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete