Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cheese Tart

What!...Cheese Tart again? My children asked. Yeah, I've been making cheese tart on and off but this time, I made this batch because I found out a way to decorate the tart...(^.^) And instead of using my previous recipe for the cheese filling, I picked this one from the book 'Fantastic Cheesecake' by Alex Goh.

And for the month of August, the topic for the Aspiring Bakers is 'Easy as Pie' which also covers tarts, quiches, etc... hosted by Janine of "Not the Kitchen Sink!"

Sweet Pastry:
(A) 200g Butter
      100g icing Sugar
(B) 1 Egg
(C) 420g Plain Flour

1) Cream (A) lightly. Add (B) & cream until smooth.
2) Add (C) and mix until well blended.
3. Press it into tart mould.

Filling:
(A) 250g Cream Cheese
(B) 30g Butter
      100g Castor Sugar
(C) 1 tbsp Flour
(D) 1 Egg
(E) 1 tbsp Orange Juice
      1 Orange zest
(F) 50g Whipping Cream

1) Cream (A) until smooth. Add (B) and cream until light.
2) Add (C) and cream until well blended. Add (D) and cream until well combined.
3) Add (E) and then (F). Cream until well incorporated.
4) Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared tart mould.
5) Bake at 175 degree C for 30 mins or until set and lightly brown.


* I made a variation on the method:
- I baked the tart shells at 170 degree C for 15 mins.
- Add a little blueberry pie filling onto the tart shell. (you can also use any filling you like)
-


- Fill /cover with the cream cheese filling.




- take out 3-4 tbsp of the cream cheese filling and add a drop of food colour of your choice.
- drop a small mixture of the coloured cream cheese onto the tart and using a toothpick, make a pattern.


.I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers#10-Easy as Pie hosted by Not the Kitchen Sink

No comments:

Post a Comment