Saturday, July 30, 2011

Oreo Yoghurt Cheesecake

My nephew asked me to bake an Oreo Cheesecake like the one sold in 'Secret Recipe' for his GF's birthday this coming Monday. From my newly acquired book, I saw a recipe for an Oreo Cheesecake but I was not sure if it will be like what he wanted so I tested it out first. The verdict, hmmm even though the picture looks like it, the finished product doesnt look or taste like it.

But I would still like to share this recipe with you readers. From the book 'Cheesecake Mania' by Kevin Chai, this is "Oreo Yoghurt Cheesecake".


Base: 160g Oreo cookies, crushed
          60g Butter, Melted

1) Stir all ingredients until combined. Press mixture onto base of an 8" pan.
2) chill in fridge.

Filling: 450g Cream Cheese
           100g Castor Sugar
           3 Eggs
           120g plain yoghurt
           1 tbsp lime juice ( I used lemon juice)
           1 tbsp Cornflour
           80g Oreo cookies (roughly chopped)

1) Beat cream cheese & sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2) Beat in yogurt, lime/lemon juice & cornstarch until blended.
3) Stir in the chopped cookies, mix well.
4) Pour mixture onto prepared tin and bake in preheated oven at 170 degree C for 30 - 40 mins.
5) remove from oven and let it chill in fridge 4 hours or overnight.
6) Decorate as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment