Friday, July 29, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia

Remember me mentioning I bought few cookbooks recently? Well, again from the book 'Baking Code' by Alex Goh, I found a recipe which I've been searching for. I tried to google and also search in food blogs but couldn't find this recipe.."White Chocolate Macadamia" cake. This cake is me & my youngest son's favourite and it's sold in Secret Recipe.

The verdict after baking this cake?? My son said "hmm taste better than Secret Recipes but mom, you gotta work on the white Chocolate" (which is the ganache). I found that  next day, the cake will be much easier to cut due the the setting of the white chocolate ganache.
If you love this cake, do give it a try!

Vanilla Sponge Cake

120g Sponge cakemix
2 tbsp water
2 Eggs
2 tbsp Melted Butter

1) Whisk all ingredients except melted butter until fluffy.
2) Fold in the melted butter. Mix well
3) Pour into a greased & lined 8' round pan and bake in preheated oven of 180 degree C for 15 mins.

Filling:
250g Whipped Topping
50g toasted Macadamia nuts, chopped

1) Mix 150g whipped topping and macadamia nuts together.
2) Keep the rest of the whipped topping for frosting.

Ganache:
100g whipping Cream
200g White Chocolate, melted
10g Butter

1) Cook the whipping cream until it boils.
2) Add it to the melted white chocolate. Stir until it has melted completely.
3) Add in butter, mix until well combined.

To Assemble:

1) Slice the sponge cake into 2/3 layers.
2) Sandwich the cake with the whipped topping + macadamia.
3) Cover the cake with whipped cream and refrigerate for 30 mins.
4) Remove the cake from fridge, coat it with white chocolate glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment