Saturday, July 23, 2011

Marble Baked Cheese Tart

I'm 'hooked' when it comes to cooking/baking books. I just have to buy them if the recipes inside the book catch my interest. I recently acquire few books through mail order and some are written in Bahasa Malaysia which is alright to me as I can read and understand Bahasa but not chinese...:-)) I also bought few books from Popular bookstore and one of them is 'Baking Code' by Alex Goh. This is one of his 'old' book and I am starting to collect his books as his recipe is simple and the methods looked easy.

I picked the Marble Cheese Tart as I still have some empty tart shells from my Apple Ice Cream Tart baking. I shot this pix using my sony digital camera. Hmmm I think I have to upgrade to a better one so that the pix alone will tempt you readers..:-))


Ingredients for the Filling

A: 250g Cream Cheese
     60g Castor Sugar

B: 1 Egg

C: 50g Whipping Cream

D: 1 tbsp Milk
    15g Melted Chocolate


Prepare a ready-made sweet pastry from your favourite recipe or from my previous posting http://xandrascookingbakingjournal.blogspot.com/2011/07/durian-egg-tart.html

1) Press the sweet pastry onto the tart mould. Prick some holes on the pastry shell and bake at             190 degree C  for 15 mins or until light golden brown. Leave to cool.
2) Cream ingredients (A) until light & smooth. Add in ingredients (B). Cream until well blended.
3) Add in ingredients (C), mix until well blended.
4) Take out 60g of the cheese mixture, mix with Ingredients (D) until well blended.
5) Deposit the cheese fillings onto the baked pastry shells. Place some chocolate cheese fillings on it and make swirls with it.
6) Bake at 200 degree C for 10 - 12 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment