Sunday, July 10, 2011

Durian Egg Tart

This is my 1st time making egg tarts and I picked the Durian Egg Tart from 'In The Mood for Pastries & Tarts' by Alan Ooi. Few days ago I saw a container of Durian Puree for sell in the local consolidated foodstore so I bought 1 thinking I will try and find recipes that uses durian puree.

All I can say is that the smell of the Durian is there but you cant taste the durian as there's no 'flesh' in it. Just pure pureed durian form. Hmmm I would like to try making this again when I get a real durian.


Sweet Tart Pastry

250g Butter
110g Icing Sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
450g Plain flour

1) Beat butter & Icing sugar until fluffy.
2) Add in egg & vanilla essence.
3) Lastly add in the flour and combine into a dough.

Durian Egg Tart

1 portion Sweet Tart Pastry
A
170ml Water
65g Castor Sugar
B
80ml Evaporated Milk
40g Durian Puree
few drops of yellow colour
C
5 Eggs

1) Press pastry into tart mould and bake in preheated oven at 175 degree C for 15 mins.
2) Bring (A) to a boil. Add (B) and leave to cool. Add (C) and mix well.
3) Pour the fillings into the baked tart shells. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 20 - 25 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment