This is my 1st time making egg tarts and I picked the Durian Egg Tart from 'In The Mood for Pastries & Tarts' by Alan Ooi. Few days ago I saw a container of Durian Puree for sell in the local consolidated foodstore so I bought 1 thinking I will try and find recipes that uses durian puree.
All I can say is that the smell of the Durian is there but you cant taste the durian as there's no 'flesh' in it. Just pure pureed durian form. Hmmm I would like to try making this again when I get a real durian.
Sweet Tart Pastry
110g Icing Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
450g Plain flour
1) Beat butter & Icing sugar until fluffy.
2) Add in egg & vanilla essence.
3) Lastly add in the flour and combine into a dough.
Durian Egg Tart
1 portion Sweet Tart Pastry
65g Castor Sugar
80ml Evaporated Milk
40g Durian Puree
few drops of yellow colour
1) Press pastry into tart mould and bake in preheated oven at 175 degree C for 15 mins.
2) Bring (A) to a boil. Add (B) and leave to cool. Add (C) and mix well.
3) Pour the fillings into the baked tart shells. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 20 - 25 mins.