Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ice Cream Cake for Father's Day

The 3rd Sunday of the month of June is dedicated to fathers all over the world and this year, I made the cakes for my father and also hubby. For my father, I made a carrot cake frosted with cream cheese as he loves the carrot cake I bake minus the walnuts...:-) Previous years, he would request me to get him either a Black Forest cake or a Fruit Cocktail cake from the local bakery. I'm glad this year I get to bake for him.

For my hubby, he actually do not fancy eating cakes but once in a while indulge in them. I baked him a chocolate cheese cake for his birthday in April so I thought of trying out the Ice Cream Cake recipe I had from the baking class last year, hence the Yogurt Mango Ice Cream Cake.. I still need to have more practice on decorating and handwriting...(^.^)



Yogurt Mango Ice Cream Cake

Sponge Cake Ingredients: -
(A) 4 Eggs                                        
      120g Castor Sugar                                                
      1 tbsp Ovalette (I omitted)                 
(B) 100g Superfine Flour (or low protein flour)
       15g Corn Flour
       1/2 tsp Baking Powder
(C) 40g Water
      1/2 tsp Mango Essence
(D) 50g Corn Oil

1) Whisk ingredients (A) till fluffy. Add in (B), use high speed to whisk till thick and light.
2) Pour in mixture (C) & (D). Stir well and pour into 9" round pan. Bake at 160 degree C for 30 - 35 mins.
3) Let cool and slice into 3 layers.

* You can also use your favourite sponge cake recipe. 

Ice Cream Filling: - 
((A) 3 Egg Yolk
       80g Castor Sugar                  
 (B) 200g Mango Puree
      200g Plain Yogurt
      1/2 tsp Mango Essence
(C) 300g Whipping Cream, whipped                                              

1) Double boil ingredients (A) till sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add in ingredients (B). Mix well.
2) Let it cool and stir into (C).

To Assemble:-
1) Arrange a layer at the bottom of the cake board inside a cake ring. Cut another slice into 4 to cover the sides of the cake ring.
2) Pour in the ice cream filling and cover the top with the last layer of sponge cake.
3) Put in freezer overnight.
4) To decorate, remove the cake ring and deco with fresh cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment