Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

My youngest brother had been asking me to try baking Cinnamon Rolls since his visit back home from Kansas, USA last year.  He knew I love any food that has cinnamon in it. I really love the smell of cinnamon  during baking like carrot cake or apple pie. I looked up on the various cinnamon roll recipe from the cooking books I have and also google the net  but I still find this recipe taken from 'Agnes Chang's Baking Made Easy' the easiest.

Ingredients A
300g High Protein Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
50g Castor Sugar
1 tsp Instant Yeast

2 Eggs, lightly beaten
60 - 75ml Milk
60g Soft Butter

Filling:
60g Soft Butter
50g Soft Brown Sugar mixed with 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
50g Ground Almond

1. In a mixing bowl, mix ingredients A. Add eggs, milk and knead to form a soft and pliable dough. Add butter & continue to knead till smooth and elastic. Cover and prove till double in bulk.
2. Knead again till smooth. Rest for 15 mins.
3. Roll into a 36cm/14" square, spread soft butter on dough, leaving 2 cm border all around empty. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture on top of the buttered area and roll up like a swiss roll.
4. Cut the roll into 4cm thick and put them close together (cut side up, 9 pieces in 3 rows) on a greased 20cm/8" square tin.
5. Cover & prove till double in bulk (about 30 mins).
6. Bake at 190 degree C till golden brown about 15 - 20 mins.
7. Cool and drizzle top with your favourite glaze/ frosting. (I used 1/2 cup icing sugar mix with 1-2 tbsp milk)

* You can also add raisin before rolling up.

This is also the first time I'm joining the Aspiring Bakers - a monthly baking 'challenge' hosted by different bloggers with different themes.
I'm submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction (June 2011) hosted by Jasmine from Sweetylicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment