Monday, June 6, 2011

Raisin Bread Pudding

I 'm a  fan of bread pudding and found a cafe that sells the bread pudding just the way I like it in town. This cafe ' Fook Yuen' has many outlets but only the one in Jalan Gaya (Gaya Street) sells it by the 'loaf'. I surf the net to find recipe for bread pudding and found one from 'Kuali' that 'looks' similiar to the one sold in the cafe.

Previously I attempted one using the 'Nestle' recipe card but I found the texture to be rather dry. You can see below  the first bread pudding I made.


Now, the one below is more like pudding texture. If you want it to be drier, please cover with an aluminium foil when baking a little longer to avoid the top from becoming dry & darker.

Ingredients

16 slices bread
1 cup Raisin
2 can (12 fl oz) Evaporated milk
4 Eggs
55g Butter
3/4 cup packed brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg

- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease a 12 x 8 baking dish. (I baked in 2 aluminium baking loaf foils)
- Combine bread & raisins in a large bowl.
- Combine evaporated milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla essence, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Pour liquid mixture over bread mixture. Combine well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and let stand for 10 mins.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in cake comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment