Saturday, November 6, 2010

D Swirl....

Those who are pro in cake decorating would say whats the 'hoo-hah' about a swirl! Well, for an amatuer like me, to get a perfect swirl especially for a cupcake took me quite sometime. At last, with practice and also getting the perfect consistency of the butter icing, I 'conquer' the 'swirl' and got the hang of it.

These were the swirls I attempted in my first few attempts in the baking world.


My 1st attempt with cream cheese frosting on lemon cupcakes.

The shape just wouldnt 'hold' and it looked like a blob of cream ! Well, 6 mnths into the baking and with lots n lots of practice (plus complaints from my children about eating cupcakes just for the sake of practicing swirls :-) I managed to get them to look like a rose. VOILA ! Here's the result .....




For those out there who's like me, do not give up. Keep praticing and I'm sure you can do it. Just like I did ........:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment