Ha..ha.. From the title, no, I'm not refering to Britney Spears song but rather on my neglected blog....Really, I do not know where the time went. It was a busy month for me in November because it was the end of the school year and also my daughter was facing her SPM examination. I did manage to do some baking and I will upload them one by one as soon as possible.
For this post, as promised previously, I'm giving you the recipe I used for making macarons. One thing I discovered when making macarons is that on a rainy day, the humidity is very high and the success of having a good macaron is slim. It was a waste of ingredients and time. Nevertheles, my macarons still have those 'feets' except that they are not as high as I want them to be nor are they dry on the inside.
200g Icing Sugar
90g Egg Whites (best to age them overnight)
50g Castor Sugar
1) Sift ground almond & icing sugar together.
2) Beat egg whites till frothy, add castor sugar & beat till stiff peak. You may add some colouring at this point.
3) Add meringue to almond mixture. Carefully fold in till you get a sticky consistency. Do not overfold till its runny.
4) Pipe onto tray lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake at 130 degree C for 18 - 20 mins.
6) Match the macaron shells and fill it with buttercream or chocolate ganache.