Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ooops! I did it again!

Ha..ha.. From the title, no, I'm not refering to Britney Spears song but rather on my neglected blog....Really, I do not know where the time went. It was a busy month for me in November because it was the end of the school year and also my daughter was facing her SPM examination. I did manage to do some baking and I will upload them one by one as soon as possible.

For this post, as promised previously, I'm giving you the recipe I used for making macarons. One thing I discovered when making macarons is that on a rainy day, the humidity is very high and the success of having a good macaron is slim. It was a waste of ingredients and time. Nevertheles, my macarons still have those 'feets' except that they are not as high as I want them to be nor are they dry on the inside.

110g Ground Almond
200g Icing Sugar
90g Egg Whites (best to age them overnight)
50g Castor Sugar

1) Sift ground almond & icing sugar together.
2) Beat egg whites till frothy, add castor sugar & beat till stiff peak. You may add some colouring at this point.
3) Add meringue to almond mixture. Carefully fold in till you get a sticky consistency. Do not overfold till its runny.
4) Pipe onto tray lined with parchment paper.
5) Bake at 130 degree C for 18 - 20 mins.
6) Match the macaron shells and fill it with buttercream or chocolate ganache.


No comments:

Post a Comment