Thursday, October 13, 2011

Orange Baked Cheesecake

My daughter was telling me the other day that I have not been baking Chocolate cake for quite sometime. My daughter is a chocolate lover so I obliged her request but was just too lazy to try a chocolate ganache cake for her. Since she loves cheesecake as well, I made this Baked Cheesecake for her temporary...:-)) and promise to bake her a chocolaty chocolate cake for her birthday in December..(^.^)

This recipe is taken from 'Alex Goh's Baking Code. I find that his recipe is quite reliable and easy. I hope to meet him in person or attend his class one day...


 Prepare a 23 cm Chocolate sponge cake about 2 cm thick. You can use any sponge cake recipe that you like or if you're lazy like I did, use a sponge mix..:-))

Ingredients A:
250g Cream Cheese
20g Castor Sugar
1 Orange Zest

Ingredients B:
3 Egg Yolk

Ingredients C:
30g Orange Juice
80g Sour Cream (I used Natural Yogurt)

Ingredients D:
25g Plain Flour

Ingredients E:
3 Egg White
55g Castor Sugar

1. Grease & line the sides & bottom of a 23cm round mould. Wrap the outside with aluminium foil.
2. Cream ingredients A until light. Add in ingredients B, cream until smooth.
3. Add in ingredients C, cream until well blended. Add in ingredients D, mix until incorporated.
4. Whip ingredients E until soft peak stage.
5. Mix the whipped egg white with the above cheese mixture until well incorporated.
6. Place a layer of sponge at the bottom of the mould. Pour the cheese mixture over the cake.
7. Bake in water bath at 160 degree C for 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. me too love alex goh's recipes especially his bread recipes!

    ReplyDelete