Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cranberry Pecan Cookies

I have been diverting away from baking Cakes & Cheesecakes these few days so, another type that I seldom make is ...Cookies which I would make only during festive season like Chinese New Year. Last month, a customer gave me a box of Cranberry Pecan Cookie made by her sister. My family loved the cookies so much that it was all gone in 2 days time after I opened it.

I was a little hesitant to get the recipe from her sister as we're not so acquanted, I googled the web for a cranberry recipe and found this one that looks easy and interesting as it had chocolate chips added. This recipe is taken from the web cooks.com

I would suggest to make smaller pieces so it will be crispier. The crunchyness of the pecan nuts and chewiness of the cranberries plus the chocolate chips given by my brother from US makes the cookies taste soooo good. I would definitely make this for Chinese New Year.....:-))

Ingredients:
125g Butter
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/4 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Castor Sugar
3/4 cup Dried Cranberries (chopped to small pieces)
1/2 cup Chopped Pecan Nuts
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips

1) Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2) Beat butter, egg & vanilla till fluffy.
3) Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand till well blended.
4) Drop heaoing teaspoonful of mixture to cookie sheet.
5) Bake for 8 -10 mins or till edges slightly brown.

                                                            (Before Baking)
                                                             (After Baked)

No comments:

Post a Comment