Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pandan Cheesecake

Oh dear......oh dear! Been lacking in updating my blog again. Also I didnt attempt any 'new' recipes for the past few weeks. I had been trying out old recipes just to perfect them like the apple pie and the classic butter cake.

I still had some left over cream cheese in the fridge so I thought of baking a cheesecake that is lighte in texture. Something like the Japanese Cotton Cheesecake. I dug out my favourite recipe book 'Fantastic Cheesecake' by Alex Goh and found this easy recipe.

The taste of coconut and pandan is refreshing and I add just a tiny drop of colour as it was for own consumption.




Ingredients

(A) 500g Cream cheese
      100g Castor sugar
(B) 3 Egg Yolks
(C) 20g Flour
      20g Cornflour
(D) 200g/ml Coconut milk
      1 tsp pandan leaf juice
      few drops of green food colouring
(E) 3 Egg whites
      75g Castor Sugar

1. Cream (A) till light. Add (B) and cream till smooth.
2. Add (C) and mix till well combined.
3. Add (D) into the mixture from step 2. Mix well.
4. Whip (E) till soft peaks. Add it into the cheese mixture from step 3. Mix until well incorporated.
5. Grease and line bottom of a 23 cm springform pan. Pour the cheese filling onto the tin.
6. Bake in water bath at 160 degree C for 60 -70 mins.
7. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
8. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment