Saturday, February 12, 2011

Melt-in-the mouth Cookies

Very very sorry for the lapse in updating my blog....Anyway, Chinese New Year is not officially over so if you run out of goodies, there's still time to bake some more cookies. Normally after the CNY open house, I will have lots of mandarin oranges leftover and also biscuits & cookies from the hampers given by friends & hubby's associates. I usually give them away as I noticed they are near expiring date. I think its one way for the supermarket to get rid of their stocks.

For this cookie, I got the recipe from a food blogger Angel, http://angelcookbakelove.blogspot.com/. This cookie is actually known as German cookie and is very easy to make. I find that it tastes better after a few days.


125g Butter
40g Icing sugar
125g Potato Starch
80g Superfine Flour
chopped red & green cherries (for decoration)

1) Beat butter & icing till fluffy & light in colour.
2) Sift in potato starch & flour. Mix to form a smooth dough.
3) Roll into small ball. (I used a piping bag & pipe into small cups)
4) Bake on top rack at 150 degree C for 20 mins. No need to bake till brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment