Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Orange Chiffon Cupcake

Wow...year end is really a busy time for me and I've been neglecting my blog too. Its not that I didnt bake since my last post. I did but they were not perfect. I sometimes think that we need to be in the 'mood' if we want to do any baking. One cannot be stressful, in a hurry or in a bad mood. It really affects the outcome of the cake that we baked.

Enough said, I recently had lots of oranges left and tested out this recipe which uses orange . I love the light spongy texture of the cupcakes which held a hint of orange flavour. To top it up, I frosted the cuppies with orange flavour butter icing. Do give it a try.




Orange Chiffon Cupcake

11/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup corn oil
5 eggs, separated
1/4 cup orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cream of tartar

1) Mix the flour with egg yolks, oil, juice, zest & vanilla essence.
2) Beat until smooth & thick. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, beat egg white with cream of tartar until foamy.
4) Gradually ad in sugar and beat until stiff peak.
5) Fold into egg yolk mixtue.
6) Pour into cupcakes and bake at 170 degreee C for 30 mins.

Orange Butter Icing

11/2 cup Icing sugar
50g butter
1 tsp grated orange zest
3 tbsp orange juice

Mix everything together.







No comments:

Post a Comment