Sunday, October 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

I'm sure most children and even adults love Peanut Butter. I myself love the crunchy rather than the smooth ones. I was so tempted to try this recipe out after reading in a blog (http://mumto4angels.blogspot.com/) . I can assure you this cookie tastes so much better than chocolate chip cookies :-)




1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
3/4 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Smooth peanut butter (I used Crunchy)
3/4 cup sugar ( I reduced it to 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup light brown sugar ,firmly packed
1 egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut buter chips (I used almond nibs)
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
extra sugar, coarse or fine (for sprinkle)

1) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2) Beat butter & peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars & beat until smooth.
3) Add the egg & mix well. Add milk & vanilla extract.
4) Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in peanut butter & chocolate chips.
5) Place sugar for sprinkle on a plate. Drop teaspoonsful of batter into the sugar then onto greased cookie sheet leaving several inch for expansion.
6) Using fork, lightly indent with a criss cross pattern.
7) Bake for 10 - 12 mins at 180 degree C. Do not overbake.
8) Cool on wire rack before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment