Are you a chocolate lover? If yes, this recipe will be great for you. What is so special about this Chocolate Cake you might ask...A chocolate cake is just a normal butter cake or sponge cake with cocoa powder added you might say BUT this one has something more. What is that 'something'? Read on to find out.
The texture of this cake is moist and fluffy. It is just soooo delicious and irresistable.
Before frosting Frosting with Chocolate Butter cream
125g Butter, room temperature
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
60g Plain Flour
40g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
3/4 cup Buttermilk
115g Castor sugar (I reduced to 80g as the strawberry jam was sweet enough)
60g Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Strawberry jam (get the good quality ones)
1) Preheat oven to 180 degreeC and grease a 18 cm/7 in round cake tin.
2) In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar & vanilla extract together until thick, pale & creamy.
3) Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Pour in the Strawberry jam and beat until smooth.
5) Add in bicarbonate soda then sift in half the flour mixture (plain and SRF) and cocoa powder. Fold in gently with half of the buttermilk.
6) Add the remaing flour and buttermilk, continue to fold well until just combined.
7) The mixture should resemble a thick chocolate mousse.
8) Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 35 mins.
9) Leave to cool in tin for 10 mins before removing.
10) Frost with chocolate buttercream or just dust top with icing sugar.
300g Icing sugar
40g Cocoa powder, sifted
50ml Whole milk
1) Beat the icing sugar, butter & cocoa powder until combine.
2) Add milk, then whip for 5 mins.